This past month Aaron's parents and my parents came to meet Mikey. Sometimes we feel isolated living far from family, so it was really nice having family visit us. My mom just happened to be in Portland the day I went into labor. It was comforting to have her with me when I started having contractions and when Aaron and I left for the hospital. She was the first grandparent to see Mikey after he was born. I was pretty inexperienced caring for a newborn, so I am grateful for my mom helping me that first week (thanks, mom). I don't know what I would have done without her.
Mikey has since met both sets of grandparents. We enjoyed having them with us and watching Mikey get to know them. They all seemed to bond right away. Mikey loved the constant attention, admiration, and cuddles.
Aaron and I also appreciated the help the first few weeks. Thank you for taking care of Mikey while I took naps, for letting Aaron and me go on a date and run errands, for sharing your parenting wisdom, and for helping us around the house. We enjoyed your company and can't wait for your next visit!
Look at the proud grandparents!...I love it. Mikey is so loved already!
ReplyDelete